Cricket Meri Jaan...

    We are all familiar with the phrase "cricket meri jaan", yes, of course, cricket is my life. For many cricket lovers, the sport transcends all boundaries and becomes a religion. Nothing compares to the amazing joy of seeing the triumph of your beloved cricket team. The joy it offers is indescribable. Fans' enthusiasm and devotion to the game shine through in their chants, cries, and celebrations of wins and losses.

From the time the players get on the pitch, we are captivated by this very fascinating game. The toss wakes the curiosity. The game's result is thought to be predictable based on the toss. You may be engrossed in the game the whole time. While watching the match, your happiness, loneliness, stress, and mood swings will be at their highest. Your mood and mental health might be impacted by watching cricket. I shall take this moment to articulate that cricket saved me.

I used to be alone but some friends were very limited accessible. During school vacation, I felt very lonesome. My sister had her dolls and teddies having tea parties even in the mornings and nights. I had no party. My uncle watches test matches in the morning, they live telecast on a particular local channel. Then, one day, I sat with him and watched, he was excited for a moment, pissed for another moment, and then he was fed up. I actually did have a good time watching him and the match. Then I came to know that my father too watches this sport with multiple outcomes of feelings, even though he's a football player. I started asking him what is an over? How do you calculate it? Why the batsman is raising his bat? What is wide? etc., a bundle of questions and taddaa... here I am today celebrating the majority of the tournaments. 

What I'm able to determine is that cricket is a fantastic sport that transcends generations. As my dad, sister, and I do every year, we gather as a family at a certain location to watch the cricket and lift one other. We were able to bring the family along by increasing our engagement with one another. Living a fast-paced life may be stressful and exhausting compared to a more stable one. Observing cricket allowed me to see first-hand how the game brightened our lives and helped alleviate stress. In the end, it brings cheers and optimism to people's lives, making it a pleasant diversion.

Gradually, as Test matches, One-Day Internationals, Twenty20s, and cricket evolved and numerous controversial issues came to light, I began to open up to people and communicate better. The so-called fan circle helped me broaden my social network and start opening out more frequently. Now that I've overcome my worries and apprehensions, I'm opening up to them. I felt mentally at ease and all my loneliness had been channelled. You know what, even YouTube videos and Instagram reels with old cricket highlights from years ago are making me feel better. This is how this game is so beautifully played.

Cricket became my hobby, and eventually meri jaan. Being a fan of the game, I will never get tired of watching it over and over again. Each game will be different. As a learner, I learned something new in every game. For example, at the start phase of IPL in 2008, I was not a fan of it, because I was uncomfortable with shuffling and grouping international players. In 2007, after Australia won the ICC World Cup, there were some kiddish allegations by Sri Lankans that Ricky Ponting was using a spin bat and cheated, so I was like how come he can be mingled with other national players? Won’t they treat him unequally? Anyway, I got a chance to watch the KKR vs. MI match since Mumbai Indians were wearing blue colour, which is the jersey colour of team India, I just thought of supporting them. Miracles happened, MI won the match and the way they played and handled the pressure taught me that if different people around the world were grouped for a common goal, there would come unity. For me, MI always finds the youngsters who really to be backed and recognized for their talents, producing the future of Indian and other national cricket without stealing credit for its amazing job.  Ever since I started enjoying IPL I started associating with others and helping them, believing that they might too have a silent cause as I do and battling quietly. 

Thanks to RCB, I am deeply inspired to live up to the expectations year after year. There is a huge pressure to meet the expectations, even if I lose or disappoint myself. Despite the pressure, there is always another day to pick myself up and believe in an unfulfilled dream. I'm still picking up my heart which was broken into pieces on the 19th of November, 2023. Believing that the T20 World Cup is for Team India, hopefully. Kohli, ABde, Gayle, Maxwell and Faf were all sparkling players were there but still, RCB found hard luck to win the trophy, yet they believe every time, "Eesala cup namde". You can never compare anything to the love and trust of the RCB fan base toward their team. This attitude towards life makes my journey delightful, making cricket a lovely movement.

After all, I have to talk about my man, the Run Machine, "King Kohli". Kohli's outstanding cricketing skills and determination have made him a popular figure. Despite facing setbacks early in his career, Kohli's resilience and grit have made him an exceptional player. Perseverance is key to success, and Kohli's masterful display of aggression maximizes his chances of success. His aggressiveness keeps the flame alive in his heart and the team's, preparing them for any task. Kohli's aggressiveness contributes to the team's high spirit, physical fitness, and outstanding fielding skills, making him a valuable asset to any team. His aggressiveness also contributes to the team's high spirit and prepares them for any task, no matter how huge. 

As an individual, I have been through a lot of ups and downs throughout this life. Some quietly affected my life and some made me feel helpless about it. My interest in watching cricket helped me to concentrate on one side, leaving all the stress and obsessive thoughts behind. Also, it helped me to energise and boosted my level of confidence. With all the hard work and dedication to a goal whenever I get disappointed I start feeling diffident about the work I desire. Cricket helped me to understand the sole component in a game whether it is a win or lose but to never give up. It sparks a sense of confidence in me and motivates me to bring the best out of every situation.

This happiness encompasses the build-up to match day, the adrenaline rush during the match, the relief and celebration afterwards, the effect on supporters' feelings and mental health, and the creation of memories that last a lifetime. There's a good reason why cricket is a popular sport all across the globe. Cricket will remain exciting till the end same as our life. Nothing can beat a cup of coffee and a game of cricket. What can I say else? But Cricket Meri Jaan.





Image Courtesy:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlavalette/2018/08/20/are-cricket-matches-being-decided-by-the-luck-of-a-coin-toss/?sh=17c653717eff  

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/england-vs-australia-live-score-3rd-ashes-test-day-3-eng-vs-aus-cricket-match-latest-scorecard-updates-headingley-8815360/ 

https://www.iplt20.com/news/106479/match-report-m54-kkr-vs-mi 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/live/lsg-vs-rcb-live-score-ipl-2023-lucknow-super-giants-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-today-match-updates-ekana-cricket-stadium-lucknow 

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/128566/the-wheels-of-indian-cricket-will-keep-spinning-fast 

https://www.artificiallawn.co.uk/blog/how-to-make-a-cricket-pitch-in-your-garden/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

கேளாய் பூங்குழலே

அவன் அருகே...